Join high yielding horticulturalists Bountiful Backyards of Durham, NC this June 19-22 and make your yard an edible oasis full of culinary herbs, blueberries and delicious homegrown Organic produce.
For more than three years, our community enterprise has shared the urban agriculture skills and expertise that enables everyday folks, schools, and communities to create maximum-self-maintenance at minimal cost.
Our special will focus on relatively sunny areas (3+hrs) that are between 30 and 200 square feet, including:
- 2-4 Rabbiteye Blueberries (10-15 lbs of fruit per plant after 3 years!)
- Oregano, Thyme, Chamomille, Parsley, Sage, and Winter Savory
- Lavender, Bronze Fennel, Echinacea, Anise Hyssop, Lemon Balm, Coreopsis, and Asters
- Heirloom Tomatoes and Peppers transplants
- 500-700 pounds of fully amended and turbocharged organic soil for a living soil food web
- A layer of oak mulch to retain moisture and nutrients for young plants
Work alongside us and gain planting & maintenance techniques, and a detailed plant list to familiarize you with your new edible landscape!
Depending on the site area’s size and workability, the price of this package will range between $650 and $950.
This small investment will fully pay for itself within 3 years while adding value to your home and community!
This special deal also includes email support and a one year plant warranty.
To schedule an installation, please give Bountiful Backyards co-founder (and former DC resident) Keith Shaljian a call at 919.519.0164. Visit our website at www.bountifulbackyards.com, or to contact us via email, its bountifulbackyards [at] gmail [dot] com
We’ll be making trips to DC all summer, so friend us on Facebook, here
Check out what some of our local media outlets have to say about Bountiful Backyards impact in the community!
Chapel Hill News
Raleigh News and Observer