Come out and learn with us as we take a deep dive into the challenging and rewarding world of organic vegetable gardening!
This workshop will be held in an established vegetable garden that began 10 years ago facing enormous challenges but has been transformed into a highly productive place. We will cover:
- Best practices for siting (sunlight, soil type, etc) and managing stormwater runoff in vegetable gardening areas
- Building high level soil in the garden that reliably and sustainably grows nutrient dense food
- Composting–hot, cold, worms, as well as utilizing compost
- No and low-till vegetable gardening techniques
- Managing grass and other weeds in the garden with permanent paths, mulches, and balanced soil
- Your questions and other forms of participation!
This workshop will be good timing for those looking to reap the many rewards of Fall vegetable gardening, as Fall vegetables are planted throughout August and early-mid September.
WHERE: 205 Cherry Grove Street, Durham, NC 27703
WHEN: Saturday August 17 from 10:00AM-12:00PM
SUGGESTED DONATION: $35