Come out and learn about higher yielding, nutrient-dense vegetable gardening! We’ll demonstrate our approach to soil fertility, amendments & fertilizers, composting, and of course, growing more vegetables!
This workshop takes participants from the ground up, looking at
- all relevant aspects of soil preparation and amendments for vegetable cultivation,
- thoroughly preparing beds for higher yields,
- composting and other methods of creating maximum fertility,
- simple steps to create diverse insect habitat in the garden, which reduces pests and disease,
- how to grow great vegetables while spending less money on supplies.
WHERE: Angier Avenue Neighborhood Farm, 1809 Angier Avenue, Durham, NC 27703 (park on Maple Street)
WHEN: Saturday March 21st from 11:00am-12:30pm
COST: $25 suggested donation